This is a brag post. Yesterday I was so proud of Junior Daughter I just have to tell everyone!
JD has been visiting from Spain and we have been spending some much needed and hugely enjoyable time together.
Yesterday was a shopping day. We were wandering the supermarket when I heard the strangest sound, emanating from the adjacent aisle. Inhuman, if anything, like a donkey heehawing. I ignored it. Junior Daughter shoved me aside, muttering “Someone is choking” and she ran. A woman, on her knees, was busy choking on a glob of chewing gum. JD had her on her feet and was administering the Heimlich Manoeuvre in seconds. Out popped the offending gum. Me, other customers and staff, just stood gaping!
The woman was fine. An ambulance was called (company policy?) and JD had the Shop Manager kissing her feet. We made a quick getaway.
JD was very casual about the whole thing. Said it had been part of her ‘Restaurant’ training. And that it wasn’t her first rescue!
I have personally never been witness to anyone choking. It truly was the most bizarre sound. If we had been in a restaurant I would, presumably have made the connection. But in a supermarket?
Love you babe. You are a star.